This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Patent Assistant or Foreign Filings Administrator to join a Firm with an excellent culture.
FB Rice is a leading firm of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys with offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide and Brisbane. We are currently seeking a Foreign Filings Administrator to join our busy Foreign Filing team.
The role is full-time and can be based in our either our Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane office.
This position is responsible for managing the filing of outbound foreign patent cases within FB Rice. This role ensures patent filings and associated tasks are managed and filed in a time critical manner with attention to detail to each individual client requirements.
Responsibilities include obtaining quotes for filing, creating new files for all foreign cases whilst managing specific instructions, adhering to timelines, prepare filing reports, undertaking enquiries and developing knowledge of relevant developments in foreign patent law.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Patent Assistant or Foreign Filings Administrator who has outstanding attention to detail and the ability to work efficiently whilst proactively supporting the entire firm with foreign filings.
To be successful in your application you must have:
- a minimum of 2 years' administrative experience in an IP Firm (patent application filing and management, Australia and Foreign, will be highly regarded);
- proficient in using databases (Inprotech desirable), MS Word and Outlook;
- flexibility to work with a variety of people and practice Groups in the Firm at all levels;
- fluent English;
- a willingness and ability to learn and develop systems and procedures;
- exceptional communication skills, organisational abilities and attention to detail are also key requirements of this role; and
- be an Australian Permanent Resident.
FB Rice offers training, a competitive salary and a friendly and supportive environment.
Applications must be submitted with a cover letter and CV.
All expressions of interest will be kept strictly confidential.